Auto Update Guide
Ever wondered how to keep up with news about JAUWS without actually having to look at the site or hope that spam filters didn’t block the email news letter? Welcome to the bright future of the RSS feed!
So how can you use an RSS feed in your everyday life?
- By adding jauws to your friends list on LiveJournal. All future updates then show up in your friends page automatically.
- If you’re a FireFox user click here, for a live bookmark guide.
- If you have a GMail account you can add the feed to your google account with this button
- If you have a Yahoo account you can add the feed to your My Yahoo! page with this button
- Or adding this feed http://www.jauws.org/feed/rss to your RSS reader of choice!
If you’re not sure which one to try check out RSS Owl
- Go to the JAUWS front page.
- Look on the right of the address bar for the orange RSS button.
- Click the button and you should see a box like this appear:
- Then you should see something like this on your bookmarks toolbar (below the address bar).
- Then just click on it to see the latest news items! Click on any of them to read the article.
- All done! Now you can check the site for updates at a glance without need for opening a new page!